This tomato toast is simply amazing. It is very simple to prepare! It is originally eaten for breakfast.
Tomato toast, tostada de tomate, or pan con tomate; however you want to call it. This is the simplest and most amazing toast ever! I love tostadas. I could eat it every day.
This is a recipe from Spain. They follow a mediterranean diet! Their main focus in their dishes is to privilege all their products. For example, these tomato toasts. With the cereals in the bread. The olive oil and the tomato! With only three ingredients, the result is incredibly delicious. Full of flavour.This recipe is usually served for breakfast or as a snack during meals. However, I also consider it as a great starter or as a snack on a tapas night.
Tomato toast for breakfast
Starting the day with the smell of toasted bread at home is amazing. For me it’s the perfect fragrance to start the day. And if we prepare these tomato tostadas, the smell makes us travel to Spain. I love to travel, and since I can’t always be on the go, I do it through food. I often travel to destinations I really like, through food. Tastes and smells are perfect drivers of our imagination.But more than the aroma is the richness of this toast. Very nutritious and full of natural foods for our first meal. The cereals in the bread complete the carbohydrate portion we need. Olive oil is one of the best fats for our health. And last, but very important, the tomato. Full of benefits for our health!
Some tomato benefits:
Despite botanically being a fruit, it’s generally eaten and prepared like a vegetable. Tomatoes are the major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
Summarizing, tomatoes are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, and folate.
How to make this tomato toast?
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Olive oil
Very simple ingredients that make your breakfast delicious and super healthy.
Tips for the perfect tomato toast:
- Make sure you toast your bread. Crispy bread makes it much nicer to eat and it doesn’t get super soggy. Sourdough bread is a great option as it’s usually a little sour, so it combines really well with the acidity of the tomato.
- You can omit the garlic, of course, but it gives a nice touch and a lot of flavour.
- The easiest way to work with the tomatoes is to just blend them on a blender, so go ahead and use that technique if you don’t want to spend extra time on this recipe.
- Herbs! You can’t miss them, they are just amazing if you want to add dimension to this tomato toast.
To get the perfect tomato, you can do it three ways:
- scrape the tomato on the bread
- grate the tomato with a grater
- grind the tomatoes in a blender
How can you enrich your tomato toast:
This is the basic recipe for tomato toast. However, you can add extras that will give it even more flavour.
For example oregano, basil, chopped dried fruit, fried or scrambled eggs, olives, ham… There are plenty of options.
Find out more delicious recipes:
Now go into the kitchen, toast your bread and make your tomato toast.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 garlic close optional
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Coriander to taste optional
- 4 pieces of bread toasted
- Start by choosing the method you want to use. In this case, we'll go with the scraping method.
- Toast the bread on a toaster. You can also do it on a frying pan or in the oven.
- Scrape a garlic clove over the bread slices.
- Slice the tomatoes in half crosswise and scrape it into the bread.
- Add pinch of salt on to and drizzle with olive oil.
- Chop the coriander and sprinkle on top.
- For the 2nd method you should grate the tomatoes with a greater/cheese greater.
- For the 3rd method you should simply blend the tomatoes in a blender.
- For method 2 and 3, he rest of the process is the same of method 1.