Easter is around the corner and of course, all the sweets and desserts will be spread around the Easter table. One thing is for sure, this year you can not miss these Tahini Cookies with Chocolate Eggs.
These tahini cookies are pretty tasty. They are soft inside and therefore perfect to go with tea or coffee. How about a 5 o’clock tea this Easter?
Healthy, but with a touch of sweetness, since they contain chocolate eggs. But a pinch of color is what you want at Easter, so the famous chocolate eggs are a must. It’s Easter after all!
These amazing cookies are for kids and adults, as they are made with good ingredients and are quite tasty. To be honest, these cookies are so decadent that you‘ll want to eat more and more.
Do you want them healthier? No problem, I got you covered! Skip the chocolate eggs because, in all honesty, these tahini cookies are delicious all by themselves! The perfect snack when you‘re in for a treat.
For this recipe, I used tahini as the main source of fat, therefore you won’t find any olive oil, butter, or coconut oil in this recipe (or other such oils).
Since tahini is made of toasted sesame seeds, it has enough fat to combine all the ingredients together and make these cookies taste amazing.
A sprinkle of granulated stevia helps sweeten it up, without being hyper-caloric or unhealthy. You can always change it for the sweetener of your choice, just make sure you‘re using a granulated sweetener.
The next step is to put those batches in the oven and get ready to share these cookies with your loved ones. They will for sure be a success!
How do you make these Tahini Cookies?
Nothing like adding all the ingredients in a large bowl and mixing well until you get a very viscous, sticky dough.
Then, with the help of an ice cream scoop (or 2 tablespoons) just make small dough balls, spread them on parchment paper on a baking tray, and bake them in the oven. Easy, peasy, and super delicious!
Oh, and of course, break the easter eggs into smaller pieces, so that the cookies have an even better texture and are easier to eat.
When taking the cookies out of the oven, they’ll still be very soft. Worry not, it’s normal! They need to cool down in order to get the right consistency: crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
If you want your cookies to have a perfectly round shape, take a cookie cutter and roll around the edges of the cookies while still hot. This process will help the cookies to get the right round shape.
Tip of the day: make these cookies with the little ones, they will love being part of the process!
For this recipe you will need:
- Vanilla essence
- Oat flour
- Baking soda
- Easter chocolate eggs
What are the tricks to getting these Tahini Cookies right?
- Use granulated stevia, so that the texture of the cookies gets a slight crunch.
- Mix the eggs, tahini, and stevia well until the mixture is velvety. This way the cookies will be very soft on the inside, but slightly crispy on the outside.
- The vanilla essence gives the cookies a pop of flavor.
- Chocolate eggs are not to be missed if you make this recipe for Easter, as they make the cookies look very Easter-like!
Let’s check this recipe step by step?
- ¼ cup granulated stevia
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 c. café baking soda
- ½ cup Easter chocolate eggs
- Start by adding the stevia, tahini, and eggs in a bowl and mix well until you get a whiter mixture.
- Add the salt and vanilla essence and stir well.
- Add the oat flour and the baking soda and mix everything together until you get a thick, somewhat viscous mixture.
- Add the broken easter eggs and mix well.
- With the help of an ice cream scoop, scoop tablespoons of the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat the process until you finish the dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170º, for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.