As an unconditional fan of sweet potatoes, I bring you a recipe for stuffed sweet potatoes!
Sweet potatoes are a great option for those who want to eat more vegetarian or plant-based foods and they are delicious.
And this stuffed sweet potato recipe I bring you today is not hard at all. It’s really easy to make and doesn’t take that much time.
You can add whatever toppings you like, but I love to stuff my sweet potatoes with avocado paste and crunchy chickpeas. They are a must!
Sweet potatoes are very trendy because they are a healthier food, rich in nutrients, and very versatile. But you have to be careful with them!
First of all, as with everything else, don’t overconsume them. Because it is healthy, but…
Second, some people say that sweet potatoes are less caloric than white potatoes. WRONG! Don’t be fooled by these beliefs. It is, in fact, more caloric because of its sugar content.
However, it has a much slower absorption than the white potato and therefore the sugar is released into the blood much more slowly, making it an excellent choice.
Since it is a sweet vegetable in its own right, it can easily be used in making sweet recipes, avoiding the use of processed sugars.
But how do you make this good recipe anyway?
FOR THE SWEET POTATO:
Cooking sweet potato is as easy as drinking water. ahah
Just cut the sweet potato in half and bake it in the oven at 180 degrees for about 30 min. As I said before, nothing to know!
The sweet potato will be super soft and make you want to eat it right away.
FOR THE AVOCADO PASTE:
Do you know how to make guacamole? The avocado paste is even simpler!
Do you usually see recipes that say: mix all the ingredients and you’re done? This one is more or less like that!
Take the pulp out of the avocado, mash it, and add the seasonings. Mix it well and it’s done!
FOR THE CRUNCHY GRAIN:
The crunchy grain is WONDERFUL and you can use it as a snack.
It gets really crunchy and is super healthy!
Place the chickpeas on a baking tray and season. Bake it in the oven at 180º for 20 to 30 minutes. Easy, easy, easy!
And this way you have a meal ready in no time! Super delicious, nutritious, and with TOP ingredients!
Let’s check the step-by-step?
STUFFED SWEET POTATO RECIPE:
- 1 sweet potato
- A dash of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 to 2 avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon or 1 lime
- Cumin powder to taste
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas
- Paprika to taste
- Start by preheating the oven to 180º.
- Wash the sweet potato and cut it in half.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 30 minutes or until it softens. If you like, you can put a dash of olive oil and a pinch of salt on top of the sweet potatoes (before putting them in the oven).
- While the sweet potato is in the oven, prepare the avocado paste. In a bowl, put the avocado pulp and crush coarsely.
- Add the lemon or lime juice, salt, pepper, and cumin powder and mix well. Set it aside.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and set aside.
- Open a can of chickpeas and wash them well. Dry it a little with a towel.
- In the same tray where you roasted the sweet potato, arrange the chickpeas and season them with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Put a drizzle of olive oil on top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the chickpeas are crispy.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and make your own dish: place the avocado paste on top of the sweet potato and the crispy chickpeas on top of the avocado paste.
Suggestion: You can change the toppings to your liking. A good tip is to use hummus, which is also delicious!
You can also put sautéed mushrooms on top or other legumes.
If you want to use more greens, sauté some spinach and put it on top of the avocado paste.
To finish, you can sprinkle with chopped coriander.