Valentine’s Day has passed, but there’s always an excuse to celebrate good times and so today is Strawberry Gin Cocktail Day.
I made this cocktail for Valentine’s Day and it was a real hit, so I decided to post the recipe step by step, so you can make it anytime.
After all, today more than ever, every moment is to be celebrated in the best way!
This strawberry and gin cocktail is super fresh and is ideal for celebrating any occasion, not just Valentine’s Day.
Whether it’s a couple date, or to spend time with family or among friends, in person or online, this strawberry and gin cocktail is the right choice!
It’s very fresh, just the right amount of sweetness, and the best part is that you can make lots of adaptations to make it taste just right the way you like it.
I know, you want to know what are the possible substitutions, right? Read until the end.
You can also make it without alcohol for the kids or for those days when you really feel like something good, but without alcohol (we all have those days, don’t we?!).
How to make this Strawberry Gin Cocktail?
It’s pretty easy and there are actually several ways to make it.
I use my food processor, especially for crushing the ice and mashing the strawberries. But in case you don’t have either one, that’s okay.
Use smaller ice cubes, for example.
Or take the ice cubes out a few minutes before you start making the cocktail, and when they start to melt, put them in a kitchen towel and tap them with a wooden spoon to break them up.
O importante é sermos práticos e conseguirmos descomplicar.?
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Maple syrup (or brown sugar)
- Lime or lemon
- Tonic water or sparkling water
- Mint or basil (optional)
What are the tricks to make this Strawberry Gin Cocktail perfect?
There’s nothing to know, just follow the steps.
To make it less thick and very fresh, you need to crush the ice well.
Crush the strawberries well, so that you get an even drink in terms of texture.
Control how sweet you want your cocktail by adding the maple syrup little by little and taste it.
The same applies to the amount of alcohol.
I also left some possible substitutions in the recipe. So keep reading.
Want to read the full recipe? See below.
Strawberry Gin Cocktail
- 2 expresso cup gin
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 a 3 tbsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1 lime or lemon
- 2 cups tonic water or sparkling water
- Ice to taste
- Mint or basil to taste
- Start by crushing the ice in a food processor or blender and set aside.
- Put the strawberries, along with the maple syrup in the food processor or blender and crush.
- Transfer the mixture to a jug and add the lime or lemon juice (or if you like, half of one and half of the other).
- Add the tonic or sparkling water and mix well.
- Add the ice and mix well again.
- If you add herbs, add them now, chopped beforehand to release their full aroma.
- serve it