This Spinach and Basil Pesto is super easy to make and is perfect to add to a good pasta dish or a mid-afternoon snack.
I love pesto and it’s not always easy to gather all the ingredients. That’s why I created this spinach and basil pesto with the ingredients I had on hand.
A handful of spinach and a good dose of almonds make this pesto just perfect!
You can also use this pesto on crepes, pancakes, or even on some nice toast.
It’s a great recipe to make with the kids and is perfect for summer.
How do you make this Spinach and Basil Pesto?
To make this Spinach and Basil Pesto you will need a powerful blender or a kitchen robot. You can do it with a hand blender, but you will have to add the almonds at the end (already chopped).
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic (optional)
What tricks will ensure that this Spinach and Basil Pesto tastes just right?
- Grinding the almonds well is crucial for achieving the desired consistency and texture.
- The amount of olive oil helps the grinding process, the remaining ingredients to bind together, and the final consistency.
- Grate the parmesan before adding it to the mixture, it will make the grinding easier.
Let’s check the step-by-step?
Spinach and Basil Pesto
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup basil
- ¾ cup olive oil more or less depending on the consistency
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 lemon juice to taste
- 1 clove garlic optional
- Start by grinding the almonds at maximum power until they are in very small, grainy pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and grind again at maximum power.
- Adjust the salt, lemon, and garlic and grind again.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.