There is nothing like a Smoked Salmon Pâté with Ricotta cheese to receive friends at home.
That’s right, I love hosting people but sometimes I don’t have much time to prepare very elaborate dishes.
Still, I like to put on a good show, with good food.
So what to do in these situations?
Smoked salmon goes well in all situations and turns out to be a somewhat premium ingredient.
And with ricotta cheese in the mix, it could only make a nice smoked salmon paté with ricotta cheese!
But beware that it has a trick… Do you want to know what it is? Read until the end. 😉
I love snacks and everything that is finger food. And in my house, there are always such things when I have dinners or lunches with friends.
Whether it’s a nice hummus, guacamole, or some pâtés… there are always things to snack on. eheh
Do you like to snack too?
How do you make this Smoked Salmon Pâté with Ricotta?
It’s super easy and seriously, it’s perfect for when we have friends over and don’t have time to prepare anything special. Or at least, nothing too elaborate.
This is one of those recipes that make a fuss in seconds!
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Lactimonte Ricotta
- Smoked Salmon
- Boiled Eggs
- Crackers, tiny toasts, or crackers
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Cumin powder
What tricks will ensure that this Smoked Salmon Pâté with Ricotta tastes just right?
The big trick to this pâté is consistency. If you can get the right consistency, then it will be AMAZING for sure.
But you have to keep in mind that the desired consistency depends from person to person.
Personally, I like the artisan-style pâté best, kind of creamy but chunky.
If you want a more homogeneous pâté, super creamy, and no chunks in sight, it’s easy, just put the whole mixture into a blender or a kitchen robot.
To begin, you should shred the smoked salmon into pieces.
The ricotta should be completely crumbled. Crush it a little crush with a fork.
Finally, the big trick is the hard-boiled eggs. They must be very well cooked so that as they crumble, they become a kind of paste.
Then it’s just a matter of seasoning and serving with your favorite crackers or cookies!
Oh and be aware that the herbs make all the difference in the aroma of this pâté. I chose coriander, which I love and is wonderful!
But you can add for example dill, which is wonderful with salmon, or oregano which is the perfect combination with ricotta.
Let’s check the complete recipe for this Smoked Salmon Pâté with Ricotta? My mouth is already watering around here, it looks like I’ll have to make this pâté again. 😉
Smoked Salmon Pâté with Ricotta
- 1 package ricotta
- 1 package smoked salmon
- 3 previously boiled eggs approx. 10 min cooking
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika (it can be smoked as it tastes great)
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- Crackers or tiny toasts to go with it
- Start by shredding the smoked salmon into pieces or even mincing and set aside.
- In a bowl, place the Ricotta and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- With the help of a fork, mash and/or crush well the ricotta, until it is completely crumbled.
- Peel the eggs, break them, and crush them with a fork, along with the ricotta until a sort of paste begins to form.
- Add the olive oil and the Dijon mustard to the previous mixture and stir again well. Crush any remaining large chunks and a creamier paste will begin to form.
- Add the paprika and cumin and stir well.
- Add the smoked salmon and stir into the previous mixture.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil on top and sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve with crackers or tiny toasts.
In partnership with Lactimonte.