Sesame Seed Cheese Crackers
Did you know that it’s super easy to make crackers at home? These Sesame Seed Cheese Crackers are great, super crunchy and 100% homemade. Are you ready to surprise family and friends?
You know when you’re making a dinner party for friends or family and suddenly there are crackers missing for those dips or that cheese and ham board?
Or when you want to make a 100% homamade dinner and you really need some crackers?
This recipe will save your life!
They are perfect for a cheese and ham platter, but also for dips like hummus, guacamole, or even that typical pâté that never fails at dinner parties.
These super homemade crackers are made from cured goat cheese and are really delicious. I used garlic and thyme powder to flavor them, but they are so versatile that you can add whatever flavors you like.
Buy wy not trying it with a smoky paprika? Or a dried tomato and oregano? I don’t know about you, but my mouth is already watering!
How do you make these Sesame Seed Cheese Crackers?
This recipe is pretty easy and doesn’t take much time to make. Seriously, it really is a life saver!
Just mix all the ingredients together until it forms a consistent dough. Make a ball and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
Then roll out the dough and cut it into cracker shapes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Cured goat cheese
- Oat flour
- Garlic powder
- Dried thyme
- Black and white sesame seeds
What are the secrets to getting these Sesame Seed Cheese Crackers right?
- Leave the cheese in the fridge until you use it, so it’s easier to grate.
- Add the water little by little and only until you reach the desired consistency, so it doesn’t get too sticky.
- Put the dough in the fridge for at least 10 min, so that it cools a bit and is easier to roll out without sticking.
- Don’t set the oven to over 170º because the chances of the crackers burning are high.
Let’s check the step by step?
Sesame Seed Cheese Crackers
- ¼ cured goat cheese
- 1 cup oatmeal flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 c. chá garlic powder
- 2 c. chá dried thyme
- ½ cup water you may not need all of it
- Black and white sesame seeds for sprinkling
- In a bowl, add the flour, salt, garlic and the dried thyme and stir well.
- Grate the cheese and add to the previous mixture. Stir again.
- Add the water, little by little, while stirring, until a consistent (but not too dry) dough is formed.
- Form a ball with the dough and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and place the dough on a baking paper. Flatten slightly and place another baking paper on top.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it is about 0.5 cm thick.
- Cut into cracker shapes with a cookie cutter or a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160º/170º for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool to crisp and serve.