It’s that time of the year… The streets are invaded with the smell of roasted chestnuts, the cold days arrived and it’s time to put on the fuzzy coats that have been kept in the closets for so long!
This year I won’t smell the roasted chestnuts in the street, nor will I feel that wonderful feeling of eating the freshly baked chestnuts while walking through the streets of Lisbon. But I won’t loose my chance of eating my yummi roasted chestnuts, which I like so much!
The Chestnut’s Day has passed, but around here, the chestnuts have only just begun to appear and therefore I’m only starting to eat them these days.
And I hope the chestnuts season lasts for a while, because there’s nothing like a good batch of roasted chestnuts to feel at home.
Well, as I live in an apartment, I don’t have a grill or a roaster, so I bake the chestnuts in oven. But I promise they are just wonderful!
No tricks or complications. They are really easy and so tasty.
How can you cook this chestnuts perfectly?
There’s really no trick. You just have to follow the instructions.
The only trick there is, is to peel the chestnuts, but these I’ll tell you at the end of the recipe.
For this chestnut recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- Sea salt
Shall we continue? See the recipe step by step below.
- 2 cups cups chestnuts
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- Start by rinsing the chestnuts very well with water.
- Cut the surface of all the chestnuts and put them on a baking tray.
- Season the chestnuts with salt and take them to a preheated oven at 180º for approximately 25 minutes.
- When the chestnuts are ready, turn off the oven and open the door. Let the chestnuts rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and peel your chestnuts. Resting is very important to make the peel come out more easily.
- Eat immediately, while still warm.