Whether it is winter or summer, a salad always tastes good and this Quinoa and Kale Salad with Pumpkin is truly drool-worthy!
Salads are often seen as diet food, eaten by people who want to lose weight or are in any way concerned about their body and physical appearance.
However, salads can be a super complete and tasty meal!
As is common sense, our main meals should consist of:
- 50% vegetables/legumes
- 25% carbohydrates
- 25% protein
When we talk about complete salads, this is really what it’s all about. A salad is composed of greens, carbohydrates, and protein, which help us stay satiated for longer.
Since we can get some protein from quinoa and almonds, this Quinoa and Kale Salad with Pumpkin can be part of our diet and is considered a good meal.
Plus, it’s delicious!
Besides being super easy to make and very quick, it is quite versatile. After all, it is one of those salads that can be eaten either cold or hot.
If you want something extra yummy, you can always add some mozzarella cheese and delight yourself with its creaminess.
You can also make a dressing for the salad, but it’s so good on its own, you don’t even need it.
How do you make this Quinoa and Kale Salad with Pumpkin?
This Quinoa and Kale Salad with Pumpkin is super simple. Just put the pumpkin in the oven, the quinoa in the oven, and the kale in the oven. Then put it all together and it’s ready to eat!
See some tips and tricks below.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Olive oil
What tricks will ensure that this Quinoa and Kale Salad with Pumpkin tastes just right?
- Place the pumpkin in the oven, preferably on a preheated tray, to make it crispier.
- To make the quinoa, make it in a 2:1 ratio, just like rice. The procedure is exactly the same.
- As for the kale, the big trick is to cut it into small pieces (bite-size) and cook them just for 2 to 3 min in boiling water, so that they cook slightly, without losing color, flavor, and crunchiness.
- The sliced almonds add even more texture to this salad.
Let’s check the step-by-step?
Quinoa and Kale Salad with Pumpkin
- 1 cup pumpkin in small cubes
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 2 cups kale in small pieces
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and bake in a preheated oven at 180º until cooked or about 15 min.
- Change the oven mode to "grill" and leave for another 5 min. Set aside.
- Place the quinoa in a pot and cover it with 2 cups of water.
- Season with salt and bring to a boil.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, put it on low until the water evaporates completely. Set aside.
- Wash the kale well and cut it into small pieces.
- Place it in a pot of boiling water for 2 to 3 min. Set aside.
- Add the quinoa, pumpkin, and kale, and stir well.
- Add the sliced almonds on top and serve.