Who likes cookies? I love them and these Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Cookies are really yummy!
Here at home, we can’t resist some tasty cookies and when we feel like it, I prefer to be the one making them.
This time we have cookies with a pumpkin base and a peanut butter filling. Believe me, they are really good!
These cookies have a dense consistency, but not too dense.
They are perfect to go with a pipping hot tea or hot chocolate, perfect for the colder months. After all, we like coziness!
Since they are low in sugar, they are great for children as they can eat without having a sugar overload. But beware, the grown-ups won’t be able to resist them either!
Oh, and of course, they are a great way to eat more vegetables, as they are full of pumpkin. And this goes for the whole family!
How do you make these Pumpkin and Peanut Butter cookies?
For this recipe you will need:
- Pumpkin (I used hokkaido, but butternut works too)
- Coconut oil
- Spelt flour
- Baking powder
What tricks will ensure that these Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Cookies taste just right?
- You need to bake the pumpkin in the oven, steam it or boil it, always removing the excess water after it has cooled. Too much water won’t allow the dough to get consistent.
- After all the ingredients are well mixed, you can let the dough rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. It will be easier to roll it out.
- If the dough is too watery, you can add a little bit of flour.
- After baking them, let them cool down for a bit and place them in the fridge for at least 1 hour. The consistency will be much better.
Let’s check the recipe step-by-step?
Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cups spelt or oat flour
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Combine the sugar and coconut oil in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin and mix it well again.
- Add the flour, egg, and salt and mix it once more.
- Add the baking powder and fold it well.
- Make a ball of dough and let it refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a flat surface with the help of a rolling pin.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the cookies and bake them in a preheated oven at 170º for 7 minutes. If you don't have a cookie cutter, use the top part of a glass.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool completely.
- Fill with the peanut butter and serve.
- For an even better (and tastier) result, refrigerate them for 1 hour before serving.