February is half over and I, in the midst of my sweets, made this recipe for peanut and cocoa cake. And it turned out so good!
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I love to make recipes with nuts and cocoa. Besides being healthy ingredients, they are very filling and versatile.
And with the whirl that has been my life lately, I could use a boost of energy: such few hours of sleep and long hours of work. Can you identify yourselves?
It is already known that running around and not getting enough sleep is not very healthy, but when it has to be, there is no going back.
But we can help with good, healthy food that is good for us, right?
That’s right, the most important thing is balance! It’s about knowing how to adapt in these busy times and making choices that help us.
How do we make this Peanut and Cocoa Recipe?
Well, this is the easy part. As you already know, my recipes are always simple and practical.
There is nothing better than an easy recipe to venture into the kitchen, isn’t there?
And let’s see, who can resist peanut and cocoa cake? I can’t resist it for sure, and in fact, I can’t wait to make this wonderful cake again.
The step-by-step instructions can be seen below, at the end of this article, but for you to understand the whole process, I’ll explain it to you.
The first step is to add the dry ingredients. Mix well, until it’s just a homogeneous flour/powder.
Then add the peanut butter, which is actually not really peanut butter, but a paste. A very velvety paste made only with peanuts and water.
Just put the peanuts in the preheated oven at 200º for about 15-20 min (or until half-toasted). Then, while still warm, put them in a food processor or blender, along with a little water (about 1 to 2 cups of water – you have to keep checking the consistency).
Turn the food processor on full speed until it forms a creamy peanut paste. Super easy to do and adds a wonderful touch to this recipe.
After this process, add the liquid ingredients and mix well.
Bake for 20 minutes and it’s ready!
Do you want an easier recipe?
Let’s check the step-by-step?
PEANUT AND COCOA CAKE RECIPE
- 1 cup raw cocoa powder + enough to sprinkle, in case you want to decorate
- 1 cup rice or oat flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup milk (or plant-based drink)
- 3 to 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup baking powder
- Start by preheating the oven to 200º.
- Place the peanuts on a baking tray and bake for about 15 to 20 min, or until half-toasted.
- Remove the peanuts from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Put them in the food processor and add a little water (1 cup).
- Grind at maximum speed and check the consistency.
- If it is still not quite creamy, add the rest of the water little by little until it gets the right consistency. Set aside.
- Turn the oven to 180º and continue the process.
- Add the flour (rice or oat flour) to a bowl, as well as the sugar and raw cocoa powder, and mix well until it forms a homogeneous batter.
- Add the peanut butter and mix it with the batter.
- Add the milk and coconut oil and mix vigorously.
- Add the eggs and fold them.
- Add the baking powder and gently fold it with the batter.
- Pour the batter into a previously greased baking pan and bake in the oven for approximately 20 to 25 min, or until cooked.
- Decorate with some raspberries on top and, if you like, sprinkle with raw cocoa powder.
Suggestion: Use the dried berries you prefer the most in the recipe.
This recipe can be made with muffins baking cups, so you have snacks for the whole week.
Add dried fruit pieces to the cake batter, so that it has a crunchy, brownie-style consistency.