Padrón Peppers are the kings of tapas here at home. It is perhaps one of my favorite snacks to cook at home because they are delicious, super easy, and don’t take any work at all. A recipe for success.
Whether it’s for dinners with friends, when I want to make a splash with the starters, or for a dinner for two, when tapas is the main theme, this recipe never fails.
For those who are tapas fans, like me, this recipe is a must have in your cookbook.
I like to eat them just with salt. But if you want to innovate, you can sprinkle with some lemon zest. The citric touch is great and contrasts very well with the saltiness.
You can also make a garlic and herb mayonnaise, a mustard sauce, or if you feel adventurous, you can risk a truffle or avocado mayonnaise.
I want to see that creativity come out of the fire!
How to make these Padrón Peppers?
This recipe is genuninely easy. It only takes 3 ingredients, it’s super easy, and all you need is a frying pan.
Just put the peppers in a very hot pan and let them cook until they are just right.
And what is just right? The skin of the peppers has to be slightly black, but not charred.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Padrón peppers
- Olive oil
What are the tricks to get these Padrón Peppers right?
- Heat the pan well before adding the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the peppers with plenty of salt. Well, plenty doesn’t mean overly! The simplest way is to add a little salt when cooking and adjust the salt when serving.
- Let the peppers cook well, until the skin starts to turn very dark, but without letting them char.
- To make the peppers cook faster and get that rustic look, press them with a spatula while they are cooking so that the air can escape.
Let’s check the step by step?
- 1 pack padrón peppers
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Heat the frying pan well, and once it's hot, add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the peppers and salt and cook well, stirring occasionally.
- Press the peppers as they cook and get softer, so that the air gets out.
- As soon as the skin starts to get a few dark spots, the peppers are ready.
- Rectfiquem o sal e sirvam.