I love a good Oven Roasted Goat. It’s that comfort food that tastes so good especially on colder days. Accompanied by a nice red wine, there’s no better.
And since it’s almost Easter, you can’t miss a nice, tummy goat dish on the table. Whether you want to bring your family or friends together, this recipe is a must!
It is quite simple and the ingredients are all known.
Besides, it can be prepared almost on the spot, so there’s no need to worry about marinates and all that!
Just imagine, as soon as you finish eating your starters, this wonderful goat is ready to come out of the oven and still boiling hot to the table.
There won’t be a single person who is not goint to be impressed, so you’re sure to shine!
Don’t forget to choose a good red wine and boom, you’ve made your night. After all, Easter is synonym of eating and drinking, and above all, being with our loved ones.
How to make this Oven Roasted Goat?
This Oven Roasted Goat is an uncomplicated recipe. No marinating, no hours and hours in the oven.
Just season the goat very well on the spot and place in the oven for 45 min to 1 hour (depending on the size of the goat) and it can be done right away.
Practical and uncomplicated recipes are wanted here, especially if you have guests at home.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Garlic paste
- Tomato paste
- Chopped garlic
- Bay leaves
- Red wine
- Olive oil
- Green beans
What are the tricks to get this Oven Roasted Goat right?
- Choose a good quality goat and preferably cut it into small pieces.
- If you go to the butcher, ask them to cut it, since they have their own knives for this purpose.
- Add some acidity to the dish by adding lemon, tomato paste, and red wine. It is perfect and full of flavor!
- Garlic is essential, as it adds a lot of flavor.
- The onion absorbs all the flavors and therefore it get really tasty.
- Finally, rosemary adds a touch of freshness and even more flavor.
Let’s check the step by step?
- 8 small potatoes cut in half
- 1 large onion in slices
- ½ goat cut in small pieces
- 3 garlic paste
- 2 c. sopa massa de tomate
- tomato paste
- Pepper to taste
- 5 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup red wine can also be white
- Rosemary sprigs to taste
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 4 cups green beans enough per person
- Wash the potatoes well and cut them in half. Set aside.
- Slice the onion and place it in an oven tray.
- Add the goat in pieces.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste.
- Add the salt and pepper and add the chopped garlic and bay leaves.
- Add the lemon juice and the red wine.
- Add the rosemary and the olive oil and mix everything well.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200º for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown.
- When the goat is almost done, put water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the salt and then the green beans.
- Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes and set aside.
- Serve the goat with the green beans.