I love soups and today I leave you with a wonderful suggestion. This Mushroom and Leek Soup will make you drool.
This creamy soup is perfect for those cold winter days when you just want to eat something cozy and tasty.
The recipe is from Chef Kiko Martins, but I decided to make it myself and it was really divine!
It’s perfect for a family meal as a starter, the type that already leaves us half-satiated.
But with a larger portion, they can even serve as a main course.
Accompany it with a slice of toasted bread and you don’t really need anything else.
The icing on the cake is that this recipe is super easy and quick.
How do you make this Mushroom and Leek Soup?
It’s pretty easy, you just need to saute all the ingredients, add a little water, and blend until you get a uniform and creamy cream.
To blend it I suggest using a hand blender or a kitchen robot. If you opt for the kitchen robot there’s no mistake… it will be super creamy!
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Truffle oil
- Roasted almonds
What tricks will ensure that this Mushroom and Leek Soup Recipe tastes just right?
- Sauté the onion and garlic well.
- Choose some good quality and tasty mushrooms. I made it with brown mushrooms, but portobello or shiitake are also wonderful!
- Add water just until it covers the ingredients so that the soup becomes very creamy. Otherwise, it will become more watery.
- The truffle oil adds incredible flavor, and the almonds add lots of texture.
Let’s check the step-by-step?
Mushroom and Leek Soup
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- ½ leek
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Salt to taste
- Enough water to cover the ingredients
- A drizzle of truffle oil
- Roasted almonds to taste
- Pour a dash of olive oil into an already hot pot.
- Add the onion and the chopped garlic and saute well.
- Add the leek and let it cook for about 2 to 3 min or until it starts to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they start to lose their water and become very soft.
- Add the salt and water, cover, and let it cook until the water starts boiling.
- Blend the soup and serve with truffle oil and toasted almonds.