Have you ever wondered how to make Mini Fried Eggs, without having to buy quail eggs?
Today I bring you the answer with this recipe for Mini Fried Eggs on Tomato Toast!
If there’s one thing I don’t like, it’s wasting food, and since I like to organize the fridge before I go on vacation or on weekend, I discovered a long time ago the best way to use up eggs.
Eggs are an ingredient that easily spoils when left in the fridge. It’s not like butter, for example, which we can leave for a few weeks and everything is fine.
Sometimes we buy big boxes of eggs because honestly, they are a real meal saver!
But what to do with them if we’re not going to use them?
It’s easy! FREEZE!
The eggs look great, are preserved, and are super easy to use when you need them.
How do you make these Mini Fried Eggs?
You need to freeze the eggs so that you’re able to slice them and make the mini eggs.
When you take them out of the freezer, you’ll probably see a crack in the shell. It is normal! They grow larger in the freezer due to the low temperature.
Do not forget to let them thaw for 5 to 10 minutes prior to using them, or rising them in water so that it is easier to slice them.
It is normal if they are slimy, don’t worry!
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Olive oil
What tricks will ensure that these Mini Fried Eggs taste just right?
- Place the eggs in the freezer either in a Tupperware or wrapped in aluminum foil.
- Take the eggs out a few minutes prior to using them, or rinsing them in water, so that they soften and cutting them becomes easier.
- Cook the eggs on medium or low heat, so that they cook thoroughly without burning.
Let’s check the step-by-step?
Mini Fried Eggs on Tomato Toast
- 3 eggs
- Olive oil to taste
- 2 sliced (rounds) tomatoes
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Parmesan to taste
- Thyme to taste
- 3 bread slices
- Salt to taste
- Peppers to taste
- Start by placing the eggs in the freezer for at least one night.
- Take the eggs out of the freezer and remove the shell.
- Let the eggs thaw for at least 5 to 10 minutes or rinse them in warm water to thaw them a little.
- Slice them.
- Place the mini eggs, already sliced, in a hot frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and fry them over medium/low heat.
- You can turn them over if you wish. Cook the mini eggs until the edges are golden brown.
- Toast the bread and assemble your plate, placing the tomato slices on top and the mini eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese.
- Finish with fresh thyme.