Do you know who Deliciously Ella is? Ella was a young girl who, by some unfortunate incident in life, changed her whole life.
Due to some health problems, she discovered the vegetarian world and created a blog with recipes that she created herself. Since then, her blog has been growing and her project today is much more than that.
Ella is a source of inspiration! I have one of her books and I love it. The recipes are really inspiring and all the pictures are so appealing. Yes, it makes you want to make all the recipes!
I decided to venture myself with one of her recipes: Lentils Dahl.
Want to see the result?
Lentils Dahl (4/6 pax):
- 4 garlic cloves
- A piece of ginger
- 1 mug of green lentils
- 1 medium butternut squash
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 2 tsp of powdered cumin
- 2 tsp powdered turmeric
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Syrian flatbreads
- Start by peeling and chopping the garlic.
- Grate the ginger.
- Put the garlic and ginger in a frying pan with olive oil and let it fry a little.
- Put the lentils in a pan with 3 cups of water.
- Add the garlic and the ginger and bring them to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the butternut squash into small cubes.
- Add the tomato puree, the cumin, and the turmeric to the pan with the lentils, along with the salt and the pepper, and mix.
- Close the pan and cook for about 40/45 minutes. If necessary, add more water.
- When the lentils are cooked and the butternut squash is soft, remove them from the heat.
- Serve with Syrian flatbreads.
Suggestion: Serve with basmati rice, for example, if you prefer.
As for seasonings, measure them to your liking. You can also use spicy or chili peppers if you like.