On my birthday I do not say no to a delicious and decadent cake and this year the chosen one was this Healthy Oven-Baked Cheesecake, with strawberries. It’s simply divine!
This year I am already in my 30’s, but as they say: the 30’s are the new 20’s! I feel like the same person, with the same spirit, the same ambitions and the same mood (for the good days and the bad days… ahah).
But since 30 is special, I really had to make a special cake. And for me, there’s nothing like a wonderful baked cheesecake! I think it’s one of my favorite cakes.
And it’s really perfect for summer, since it’s very light, fresh and healthy. The touch of strawberries on top gives it an even more seasonally appropriate touch.
No matter what anyone says, for me the real cheesecake is the one that goes in the oven, and this healthy version has all the flavor, all the texture, and even a plus: guilt free! What could be more perfect?
How do you make this Healthy Oven-Baked Cheesecake?
Start with the crust: add all the ingredients and mix very well until you get a sand-like consistency. Shape the dough well in a removable bottom pan, until even, and bake in the oven.
For the filling, simply beat the ingredients well and bake in the previously baked crust.
The big trick is the baking it in a water bath.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Oatmeal flour
- Coconut oil
- Date powder
- Low fat cream cheese
- Plain yogurt
- Vanilla essence
What are the tricks to getting this Healthy Oven-Baked Cheesecake right?
- Knead/mix the base ingredients well, so that it has a moist sand-like consistency, so that it is easy to shape and make it even.
- The plain yogurt helps balance the flavors as it adds some acidity.
- The corn starch is used to give the cheesecake consistency, without making it too floury.
- Bake the cheesecake in a double boiler, so that the texture is just right: a mixture of cake and pudding, velvety and soft.
- Line the pan with aluminum foil so that the pan doesn’t darken and so that the heat is conducted constantly.
- After baking, leave the cheesecake in the oven, with the oven turned off, for 30 minutes, so that it doesn’t deflate too much and looks nice.
Let’s check the step by step?
Healthy Oven-baked Cheesecake
For the crust
- 3 cups oatmeal flour
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp date powder
For the filling
- 1 package low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp date powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsbp cornstarch
- Strawberries to decorate
For the crust
- Start by mixing the oat flour, oil and date powder very well, and once well mixed, knead with your hands.
- Put the dough in a baking pan with removable botton and knead it well so that it lines the entire pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160º for 10 to 15 minutes.
For the filling
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese, yogurt, and date powder and mix well.
- Add the salt, vanilla essence and eggs and beat well.
- Finally, add the cornstarch little by little and incorporate well so that it does not become lumpy.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and bake in a preheated oven at 160º for 1 hour.
- Once baked, leave it inside the oven with the oven turned off for about 30 minutes.
- Remove and top it with strawberries.