If there’s one recipe I’ve been meaning to try for a long time, it’s the Golden Milk Recipe.
Anything with turmeric, ginger, and Indian and/or Asian spices is my thing! But golden milk is a special case…
Turmeric milk has long been used in Indian culture to cure colds and boost the immune system. For a while now my mother has been telling me about the power of this brew, but I confess I didn’t love it!
Until I discovered golden milk! This modernized version is so in vogue.
Turmeric milk is not that interesting on its own. It is just a strange and difficult milk to ingest. But thank God this magic potion appeared and allegedly it that cures all ailments!
A more innovative and full-of-flavor recipe, that besides milk and turmeric uses other ingredients that I love: ginger, cinnamon, and black pepper.
Honestly, I didn’t even believe much in the power of this drink that seems to be miraculous… But its ingredients are only good things.
You use ginger and lots of it! My grandmother already says that it is the main ingredient to cure us of common diseases.
In fact, whenever I get sick (cold or something like that), my grandmother makes me an Indian-style soup, and it’s wonderful!
It has lots of ginger in it. But it really works! It’s so comforting that I think it cures by itself.
As for turmeric, they say it’s good for boosting the immune system. Just in case, I’ve already made my golden milk!
Since I LOVE turmeric in everything and anything, I guess I’m off the hook for that part!
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS GOLDEN MILK RECIPE?
The recipe for golden milk is easy peasy.
If you buy a package of powdered preparation, you just have to follow the instructions.
I use golden milk from Origens Bio and on the package, you’ll have the basic recipe. It’s super easy and quick.
Then, just use your imagination and make your own combinations.
For the base recipe, just heat 2 cups of milk or a plant-based drink to your liking.
When the drink is hot, add 2 teaspoons of the Golden Milk mix and stir well.
Let it boil and it’s ready!
It doesn’t get any simpler than that.
Let’s check the step-by-step?
Golden Milk Recipe
- 2 cups milk (or plant-based drink that you prefer - I used rice milk)
- 2 tsp Golden Milk powder premix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Honey or coconut jelly to taste (or another sweetener you prefer)
- Start by heating the milk or plant-based drink for 2 min (in high heat). I used rice milk, which is already sweeter, giving a sugary and at the same time more intense flavor of the spices.
- Add 2 tsp of the Golden Milk powder premix and mix well. Lower the heat to medium heat.
- Let it cook for another 1 to 2 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- If you opt for a natural sweetener, add it right now and mix it well.
- Serve in mugs and add a bit of cinnamon on top.