There’s nothing like some Fried Eggs with Pesto for a quick, tasty meal that takes just a few minutes. A real lifesaver!
These are perhaps the most famous eggs on TikTok and I really had to try them.
I can say I was surprised, they are WONDERFUL!
Everyone talks about them and I didn’t quite understand why, but I admit that I was very curious and so I finally decided to make them.
It will become one of the recipes of choice here at home when we need something quick and easy.
Ahh and it only takes a few ingredients, which makes everything easier!
After all, there are always eggs around here and a good pesto is also made in the blink of an eye.
The best part is that you can make pesto of various flavors, so you can easily get away with what’s around the house.
How do you make these Fried Eggs with Pesto?
Break the eggs one by one to make sure all eggs are good.
Be careful with the temperature of the heat so that you don’t burn the pesto or eggs when cooking.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Olive oil
What are the tricks to getting this Fried Eggs with Pesto right?
- Using a homemade pesto makes a huge difference. You can use store-bought pesto, but you will be even more surprised with homemade pesto.
- Be aware and monitor the pesto when cooking, to not let the pesto burn.
- Cook the eggs over medium heat.
- Cover the pan so that the steam cooks the yolks to the desired point, without burning the underside of the eggs.
- Toast the bread before serving, it’s AMAZING!
Let’s check the step by step?
Fried Eggs with Pesto
- 4 eggs
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 5 c. sopa pesto preferably homemade
- 4 slices bread
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Basil to taste
- Heat the pan over medium heat and once it's hot, add the pesto.
- Cook the pesto for 1 to 2 min, stirring a little, and add the eggs one by one.
- Let it cook for about 3 minutes and cover the pan until the eggs are perfectly cooked.
- Toast the bread and place the eggs with pesto on top.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish with a good amount of basil leaves on top.