Today is recipe day once again. I already posted a super easy and quick chocolate cake recipe made of only two ingredients. Love that cake! But today I want to show you my new version of chocolate cake: the Fit Chocolate Cake.
Nowadays most of the things we see on social media, and the internet in general, are about being fit and having a healthy lifestyle and, as I told you before, sometimes I have cravings for fatty things. One of my tricks to avoid eating hypercaloric foods is to cook with alternative ingredients. For example, I often use whole wheat flour, spelt flour, rice flour, or even oat flour. I also use olive oil or coconut oil in reasonable quantities. Moreover, to fight the excess sugar, I usually bake with brown sugar.
All in all, my best advice is to always cook with the freshest and most natural ingredients and avoid as much as possible the super processed foods. And of course, living a balanced life makes all the difference for our well-being!
Fit Chocolate Cake:
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of spelt flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 tbsp of raw cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- Start by preheating the oven to 180º.
- Then, add the two types of flour, the sugar, and the raw cocoa. Mix the ingredients.
- Pour the eggs and mix well.
- Add the coconut oil and the warm milk and gently fold them.
- When the mixture is homogenous, pour the baking powder into the mixture and stir gently.
- Place the cake dough in a pre-greased form and bake for 35 to 40 min.
- Make the toothpick test and if it is dry, then it is ready to serve!
Suggestion: You can use lactose-free milk or any kind of plant-based beverage. In case you want to make this cake at the speed of light, put all the ingredients in a blender and turn it on at full speed.
Try it out and enjoy!