Sweet Corn in the Oven
If there's a snack I love to eat, it's Sweet Corn in the Oven very warm, fresh from my grandmother's hot oven.
Since I was a child, corn has been a food always present at home. Whether for curry dishes, full of sauce, with cooked sweet corn, or sweet corn in the oven, very crispy.
There's plenty of it in my grandma's kitchen and I LOVE it!
Now that I no longer live near my grandmother, I miss that call in the middle of the day “come by my house and I have good corn for you” or “today I have a nice surprise, but I won't tell you what it is!”. ahah
So I really have to do it myself. And I love it, exactly because it reminds me of my grandmother and her wonderful cooking.
Perhaps my biggest inspiration in the kitchen! ❤️
The big secret to be very similar to grandma's recipe is to let the corn roast to become crunchy.
The rest, only my grandma's hands can do, but I keep trying...
How do we make this Sweet Corn in the Oven?
There's nothing easier than this! Just brush the corn well with the olive oil and spices and put it in the oven.
There are no great tricks, just season it well.
For this recipe you'll need:
- Olive oil
- Garlic (optional)
What are the tricks to hit the nail on this Sweet Corn in the Oven?
- Remove the green leaves from the corn, so they don't burn when cooking.
- Make sure the corn is fresh, that is, touching it should be kind of hard.
- Brush well with spices from all sides so that they are evenly distributed.
- In order for the corn to be well browned, leave it in the oven for an extra 5 min.
Let's check the step by step?
Sweet Corn in the Oven
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oreganos
- 1 garlic clove optional
- Chopped coriander for sprinkling
- Wash the corn thoroughly and dry it with a towel.
- Arrange the corn on a tray and brush it with oil.
- Add salt, pepper and remaining spices (except coriander).
- Wrap the spices all over the corn, with the help of a brush or even your hands. In this case, hand rubbing is much easier!
- Pour a little olive oil over the corn and place in a preheated oven at 180º, for 30 minutes.
- If you want it to become more crunchy, leave another 5 min on the grill function.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve.