Homemade Cheeseburger, delicious and with all the good ingredients, sounds good to you? I'm already with my mouth watering!
I love burgers and since I came to live in Denmark, I always feel like ordering delivery. It's always either sushi or burgers (yeah, opposite kinds of food ahah)!
But I've been wanting to make them at home for a long time, because they are much cheaper and the ingredients are usually better.
Is it super healthy? No! But it's also not a burger that will make me get out of my healthy eating routine.
It is important to be aware of what you are eating and how the food you eat is made.
Of course a burger every day is not the healthiest thing in the world, but that's exactly why I leave these foods for those days when I really feel like it or when I don't feel like cooking.
That said, I only have one advice for you: buy quality ingredients, it's really worth it! Not least because it adds so much more flavor to your food.
How to make this Cheeseburger?
Well, it's important that you use quality meat, it makes a lot of difference in the final result of your burger.
To me, the perfect cheeseburger consists of a good piece of beef patty, caramelized onions, some greens and tomatoes, cheese and a nice burger bun.
You can't miss a touch of dijon mustard and a beer to go with it.
It is as simple as that. But the step-by-step recipe is all described below, so that your burgers will be drool-worthy.
For this recipe you'll need:
- Hamburger bun (I bought it, but you can make it at home)
- Minced veal meat
- Olive oil
- Garlic (optional)
- Soy sauce
- Sliced cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Sesame seeds
What are the tricks to make this Cheeseburger look wonderful?
- Caramelizing the onion is one of the secrets to making the burger look wonderful! For me there is nothing like a caramelized onion, very soft and with a sweet touch.
- Soy sauce is essential to give more flavor to the meat and to give a browner color.
- A blowtorch is the essential tool for the cheese, since it helps it melt without getting too burnt or too melted. It is perfect because we can control the consistency, depending on our taste.
- For the bread, the best trick is to brush it with olive oil and sprinkle it with sesame seeds. Then it goes into the oven and it is wonderful!
Let's check the step by step?
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 sliced onions
- 1½ cup minced beef
- 1 thread of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove optional
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ tomato slices
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (or more!) or other of your choice
- Dijon mustard to spread
- Ketchup to spread
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Start by caramelizing the onions. Place them over medium-high heat in a pan with olive oil and let them cook for about 5 min.
- Add a little salt and add water, little by little and only if necessary, until they are softened and have a nice golden color. Set aside.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and make 2 balls. Spread them out a little so they get the shape of a burger and place them on a high heat with garlic to seal them on both sides. Set aside.
- Brush the burger bun with olive oil, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and bake in a preheated oven at 200º for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly toasted.
- Pincelem os hambúrgueres com o molho de soja e deixem cozinhar por mais 2 min de cada lado (ou mais, se quiserem mais passado).
- Prepare the remaining ingredients and assemble the burger.
To assemble the burger
- Spread the bottom of the bun with mustard.
- Acrescentem os espinafres e por cima o tomate em rodelas.
- Spread some of the caramelized onions on top and in the next layer place the beef burger.
- Add a slice of cheese and, using a blowtorch, melt it until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Spread the top slice of bread with ketchup and cover the burger.
- Serve with a cold beer and enjoy!