World Children's Day is almost here and nothing like celebrating with some Funfetti Cookies, perfect to make with the younger ones.
At home we love cookies at any time, but this time we decided to try some vegan funfetti cookies and they turned out pretty good!
They are perfect to make with the kids, because besides being super easy and taking few ingredients, they have these colorful funfettis that make any child happy!
Despite having the funfettis on top, which we all know is not the healthiest thing in the world, the cookies themselves are actually quite healthy.
I always use gluten-free oatmeal, which is the easiest to find here, but you can use whatever oatmeal you like.
Besides being vegan and gluten free, these funfetti cookies are also lactose free, since I used homemade oat drink/milk. So they really are the best of all 3 worlds! ahah
How do you make these Funfetti Cookies?
There's really nothing complicated here, just follow the recipe, it's super easy!
If you want to make your own oat drink/milk, here's a tip:
- Place 1 cup of oats with 3 cups of water in a blender.
- Blend very well until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Strain with the help of a cloth or a dairy net.
You can use the remaining oats left in the cloth to add to these cookies or to make pancakes.
For this recipe you'll need:
- Oatmeal flour
- Oat milk/drink (I used homemade, but you can use the store-bought kind)
- Peanut butter
- Maple Syrup
- Baking powder
- Vanilla essence
- Funfetti Sprinkles
What are the tricks to getting these Funfetti Cookies right?
- There are no big secrets. Just keep in mind that the oven should be very hot when you bake the cookies.
- Make sure the oat milk/drink has no added sugars, and if it does, watch out for the amount of maple syrup you use.
- Use a peanut butter that is as natural as possible, preferably with just peanuts (and if you want salt). They are much healthier and richer in natural oils.
- Also use a quality maple syrup.
Let's check the step by step?
- 1 cups oatmeal flour
- ½ cup homemade oat drink/milk or store-bought
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Funfetti sprinkles to taste
- In a bowl, put the oat flour, oat drink and peanut butter and mix well.
- Add the vanilla essence and maple suryp and mix again until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix well.
- Finally, add the funfetti sprinkles and incorporate well, so that they are spread in the dough.
- With the help of an ice cream scoop, make balls and press them out into circles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can also put them on the grill for the last 5 min, so that they are golden brown and crispy.