Eggs with spinach
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious recipe, then these Eggs with Spinach will be your go to recipe! It’s really a winning recipe.
They are super quick to make and take very few ingredients, but it’s still a fantastic recipe full of flavor.
For me, it looks even better if the yolk is undercooked, as it makes a sort of sauce. I love to spread the bread with the barely cooked yolk, it’s a wonder!
Besides, this is a super healthy recipe, which you can make either for lunch or dinner, or for a bigger snack. Oh and of course, it is great for a homemade Sunday brunch. After all, who doesn’t love a nice brunch at home?
How do you make these Eggs with Spinach?
It’s a pretty simple recipe with no big tricks, so you can’t help but love it!
All you really need to do is sauté the spinach in a pan, with a little olive oil. Then open the eggs on the bed of spinach, to make a kind of poached egg.
Sprinkle with salt and finally a touch of fresh herbs. In this case I used coriander, but use whatever herbs you like best.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Coriander (or other fresh herbs)
What are the tricks to getting these Eggs with Spinach right?
- Start by sautéing the spinach, so that it is lightly cooked and the eggs are not destroyed.
- Use only a drizzle of olive oil, since the spinach releases a lot of water and helps to cook the eggs. This makes the recipe even healthier.
- Open the eggs on top of the spinach, so that they cook with the steam and with the water coming off the spinach. This way you are only poaching the eggs, not frying them. They become super velvety and, again, healthier.
- Once you put the eggs in, don’t scramble them. Just let them stand, so that the yolk is just right, without being destroyed.
Let’s check the step by step?
Eggs with Spinach
- 2 cups spinach
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- Coriander to taste or other fresh herb
- Start by adding a drizzle of olive oil to a hot skillet over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and let it cook until the water starts to release.
- Crack the eggs, one by one, over the bed of spinach.
- Let them cook for 4 to 5 min and add a pinch of salt.
- If you want the egg yolk to be more cooked, cover the pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander.
- Serve with some slices of bread.