As a side dish or main course, this Eggplant Salad with Tomatoes and Mozzarella is perfect for warmer days, since it is very fresh and super easy to make.
Whether it’s for a dinner party in the backyard, while grilling, or for a meal for two in the quiet of our home, this salad will be the talk of the town.
Besides being delicious, it contains great ingredients, perfect for enjoying the good things that summer can provide.
An extra tip, finish it with a touch of truffle oil and you will see that besides being simple, this salad will become a luxury meal!
How do you make this Eggplant Salad with Tomatoes and Mozzarella?
This salad is pretty quick and easy. Just roast the eggplant on a grill pan, and then place it on a platter with the tomato and mozzarella.
Then just season it, add some basil leaves and make it shine!
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Cherry tomato
- Olive oil
What are the tricks to getting this Eggplant Salad with Tomatoes and Mozzarella right?
- Season the eggplant with salt when you grill it, so that the excess water in the eggplant evaporates and the eggplant is well cooked.
- Make sure that you grill the eggplant well. They don’t have to have marks, but they always look beautiful and visually very appealing.
- Using several types of tomatoes helps to add texture and flavor, since they have different acidity and sweetness.
- Use a quality, creamy mozzarella.
- For a touch of freshness, use squeezed lemon and basil.
Let’s check the step by step?
Eggplant Salad with Tomatoes and Mozzarella
- 1 sliced eggplant
- 1 tomato slices
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 mozzarella in pieces
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Basil to taste
- 4 small slices of bread
- Start by chopping the ingredients.
- Put a drizzle of olive oil in a hot grill pan over medium heat.
- Add the eggplant and sprinkle with salt. Cook until the grill marks begin to show.
- Turn the eggplant over and cook. Repeat the process until you have run out of eggplant.
- Arrange the eggplants on a platter and layer the tomatoes.
- Add the coarsely chopped mozzarella.
- Season with salt, pepper, lemon, and a dash of olive oil.
- Finally, place the basil leaves on top.
- Serve with the slices of bread.