Among you all, who enjoys snacks? These crunchy Pumpkin Seeds are a delicious and very healthy snack.
If you like to always have something on hand for when that annoying “little mouse” comes, then these seeds are the perfect snack for you.
They are perfect to put in salads or soups, as they give them crunchiness and still all the additional flavor of the spices they are made with.
In addition, they are a good way to save money, both for the environment and for the wallet, since they are 0 waste.
We use the seeds of the pumpkin itself, and thus, we get a super healthy snack, very easy and totally homemade.
How do you make these Crunchy Pumpkin Seeds?
It is quite easy. These Crunchy Pumpkin Seeds are a total 0 waste snack!
Remove the seeds from the pumpkin and wash them well.
Dry them with a kitchen towel (or even overnight in the open air) before seasoning and baking them.
When putting the seeds on the tray, make sure they are nicely spread out. If they are all on top of each other, they won’t get super crunchy.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Pumpkin seeds from the pumpkin itself
- Olive oil
What tricks will ensure these Crunchy Pumpkin Seeds taste just right?
- Using a fork, poke a few holes with it in the pumpkin and microwave the pumpkin for about 3 minutes to make it easier to cut.
- Remove the seeds with the help of a spoon, scraping the pumpkin. This way they will come out more easily.
- Put the seeds in a colander and wash them well, separating them from all the strands. The colander helps the seeds all stay in the same place, without falling out.
- Dry the seeds well, with a kitchen towel, and if necessary leave them out in the open air overnight. This process will make them even crunchier.
Let’s check the step-by-step?
Crunchy Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds from the pumpkin itself
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 dsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp powder cummin
- Olive oil
- In a bowl, place the seeds previously washed and dried.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic, and mix.
- Add the paprika, turmeric, and cummin and mix once again.
- Add the olive oil and mix everything well.
- Place the seeds in a baking tray lined with baking paper or a silicone baking mat and bake in a preheated oven at 160º for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Halfway through, remove the tray from the oven, mix in the seeds, and put the tray back in for the remaining time.
- Remove from the oven and allow the seeds to cool, so that they get the desired consistency. When still warm, they may be slightly soft.