World Children’s Day is almost here and nothing like celebrating with some Colored Cookies, perfect to bake with the younger ones.
At home, we love cookies at any time, but this time we decided to try some vegan-colored cookies and they were pretty good!
They are perfect to make with the kids because besides being super easy, and not needing many ingredients, they have these colorful sprinkles that will make any child happy!
Despite having the sprinkles, and we all know sprinkles are not the healthiest thing in the world, the cookies themselves are actually quite healthy.
I always use gluten-free oat flour, which is the easiest to find here, but you can use whatever oat flour you like.
Besides being vegan and gluten-free, these colorful cookies are also lactose-free, since I used homemade oat flour. So they really are the best of all 3 worlds! ahah
How do you make these Colorful Cookies?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to know anything specific, just follow the recipe, it’s super easy!
If you want to make your own oat milk, here’s a tip:
- Mix 1 cup of oats with 3 cups of water in a blender.
- Blend it well until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Sieve it with the help of a cloth or a dairy net.
You can use the remaining oats left in the cloth to add to these cookies or to make pancakes.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Oat flour
- Oat milk (I used homemade, but you can use store-bought)
- Peanut Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Baking powder
- Vanilla essence
- Colored Sprinkles
What tricks will ensure that these Colorful Cookies taste just right?
- There are no big secrets. Just keep in mind that the oven should be very hot when you bake the cookies.
- Make sure the oat milk has no added sugars, and if it does, pay attention to how much maple syrup you use.
- Use peanut butter that is as natural as possible, preferably with just peanuts (and, if you prefer, salt). They are much healthier and richer in natural oils.
- Also, use maple syrup of good quality.
Let’s check the step-by-step?
- 1 cups oat flour
- ½ cup oat milk or bought
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Colorful Sprinkles to taste
- Place the oat flour, the oat milk, and the peanut butter in a bowl and mix them well.
- Add the vanilla essence and the maple syrup and mix it again until you have a homogeneous dough.
- Add the baking powder and fold it well into the dough.
- Add the colorful sprinkles and mix them well, until they spread evenly through the dough.
- With the help of an ice cream scoop, make little balls and spread them so that they form circles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180º for approximately 20 min or until they are golden brown.
- You can also use the grill mode for the last 5 min so that the cookies get nice and crispy.