Christmas is around the corner and there is no better way to start all the preparations than with some amazing Cinnamon and Ginger Cookies.
It’s one of those things that I really can’t resist… I devour all the cookies in a blink.
Believe me, one portion of cookie dough is not enough, I always have to double it! ahah
Today I’m bringing you my new version of Cinnamon and Ginger Cookies, but made with olive oil instead. They are simply divine and have an incredible flavor boost.
I’m always trying to make new baking experiences and this one turned out really good.
Wanna know everything? Keep reading.
How do you make these Cinnamon and Ginger Cookies?
This recipe is super fast. Just mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until a uniform dough is formed. Then you just stretch the dough, cut it with your cookie molds and put them in the oven.
There’s no easier recipe!
It’s really perfect for the counter clock of having everything ready on time for the big family reunion.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Oatmeal flour
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla sugar
- Ginger powder
- Cinnamon powder
- Baking powder
- Olive oil
And what are the tricks to make cinnamon and ginger cookies perfect?
The great trick is sharing! At this time of year, nothing tastes good without being shared and these cookies are just the best for that.
They are super crispy, tasty and perfect for an afternoon accompanied with a nice Christmas tea or with a nice hot chocolate.
The use of olive oil in this recipe is fundamental to give flavor. You can use oil, butter or coconut oil, of course. But if you want all the flavor, opt for olive oil that is really different and wonderful.
Do not forget to preheat the oven, it is essential, since these cinnamon and ginger cookies bake super fast.
If you want, you can decorate your cookies with Christmas designs, making a white coating. But I like them just sprinkled with cinnamon, since it gives an even more intense cinnamon taste (for those who don’t know, I LOVE cinnamon)!
And without wasting any more time. Let’s see the complete recipe of these fantastic Cinnamon and Ginger Cookies?
Cinnamon and Ginger Cookies
- 2 cups oatmeal flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder or more, if you want a more intense flavor
- 1 csp baking powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- Start by preheating the oven to 180º.
- In a large bowl, combine the oatmeal flour with salt, cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar and vanilla sugar and mix well.
- Add the olive oil and involve well in the previous mixture.
- Crack the egg and add the remaining ingredients together with the baking powder.
- knead well until a homogeneous dough is formed.
- Place the dough in frige for at least 30 min.
- Roll out the dough on a flat surface sprinkled with a little flour and cut the cookies into the desired shapes.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon or decorate with a white coating.