New Year’s Eve is coming and nothing like a Chocolate and Walnut Brownie to make up the festivities table.
A tasty brownie, but healthy at the same time. Therefore, we should eat it without guilt!
The chocolate taste is intense, the texture is slightly fudgy and undercooked, and the olive oil gives it a touch of sophistication!
Accompany the brownie with a nice glass of champagne or a chilled Port wine. It’s your choice! But don’t forget to savor every piece until the last bite.
We want to hear the glasses clinking and the countdown to have a great start to the incoming year!
And don’t forget to share with the children, because they will LOVE this brownie!
Of course, it is a super easy recipe and, once again, perfect for making with the little ones. Then they can participate in making the last supper of the year!
How do you make this Chocolate and Walnuts Brownie?
To make this brownie it is essential that the chosen ingredients are of good quality.
It’s a brownie made with olive oil, hence it is important that when stirring the ingredients, you are able to mix everything very well, always obtaining a homogeneous mixture.
The chocolate bar should be melted before being used.
The eggs should be at room temperature and the best way to make this brownie is to mix it by hand. The consistency will be just perfect!
For this recipe you will need:
- 70% cocoa chocolate
- Brown sugar
- Olive oil
- Vanilla essence
- Instant coffee
- Cocoa powder
- Oat flour
What tricks will ensure that this Chocolate and Walnuts Brownie tastes just right?
- Use good quality chocolate, preferably at least 72% cocoa. Chocolates with a higher sugar percentage won’t have the same taste and texture.
- The cocoa has to be raw cacao powder, as it has less sugar and works better. Not to mention it is much healthier.
- A good quality olive oil makes all the difference and if it is homemade, with an intense flavor, even better! Just make sure it is 100% good quality olive oil.
- Use the eggs at room temperature to achieve a gooier texture.
- The pinch of salt gives the chocolate more intensity and reduces the sweetness.
- The coffee also helps to intensify the chocolate flavor and makes this brownie not cloying at all!
- Don’t forget to coarsely chop the walnuts before adding them to the brownie.
Let’s check the recipe step-by-step?
Chocolate and Walnut Brownie
- 1 bar 70% cocoa chocolate
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp oat flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Start by melting the chocolate in a bain-marie (i.e., hot water bath) or in a microwave and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and stir it well.
- Add the olive oil and stir it well until you reach a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the powdered instant coffee and the eggs and whisk them well.
- Add a pinch of salt and the vanilla essence and incorporate everything.
- Add the raw cacao powder and incorporate it well.
- And add the oat flour and once again, fold it well.
- Add the chopped walnuts and mix them well into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a square baking pan, lined with baking paper.
- Gently tap the pan on a flat surface so that the air is released.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180º for 25 to 30 minutes or until half-baked on the inside.
- Take it out from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and salt.