Choco Chips Cookies
Want to know what’s the best cookie recipe ever to celebrate any moment? It’s these wonderful Choco Chips Cookies!
They are super crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They look like real American cookies.
The bigest secret is mixing the flours and sugars and using the ingredients at room temperature.
And I won’t say more… just take a look at the recipe until the end.
I can only wish you a good day in the kitchen with an amazing batch of choco chip cookies!
How do you make these Choco Chips Cookies?
It’s very easy and I’ll show you two options. I like to do most of the process by hand, mixing the flour and sugar. Then add the flour and here I advise you to get your hands dirty to knead the dough well.
Mix the liquid ingredients and again use your hands or a mixer to mix the ingredients well.
Then just stir in the choco chips and there you go.
The alternative is to put everything in the mixer, this way you don’t need to get your hands dirty and it’s easier to knead the choco chip cookie dough to the desired consistency.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla essence
- Baking powder
- Dark chocolate chips
What are the tricks to the perfect Choco Chips Cookies?
- The mixture of flour and cornstarch will make the cookies crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, like a true American cookie.
- The same goes for the addition of brown sugar and white sugar.
- Use unsalted butter, so you can adjust the salt to your taste. It’s better to add it little by little than to overdo it with salt.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature, because it will make the cookie dough more airy and with a crunchy texture on the outside and soft inside.
- As for the eggs, use them also at room temperature because it will influence the structure of the cookie dough. If you don’t have the eggs at room temperature, put them under hot water for 1 to 2 minutes.
- The vanilla essence will accentuate the dark chocolate flavor of the choco chips.
- The choco chips also give some crunch to the cookies, plus they get a little melty.
Want to read the full recipe? See below.
Choco Chips Cookies
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Start by placing the flour in a bowl.
- Add the brown and white sugar and mix.
- Add the cornstarch and mix again.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Put the dough in a mixer or knead it well with your hands until the butter is incorporated with the rest of the ingredients and forms a kind of sand.
- Add the egg and the egg yolk, the vanilla essence, and mix everything together. If necessary beat everything in the mixer to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the salt, baking powder, and choco chips.
- Mix very well and with the help of an ice cream scoop, spread the dough balls on a baking tray leaving at least 2 cm between each one.
- Bake the cookies in a pre heated oven at 170º, for 11 min or until golden brown.
- Repeat the process with all the cookies until all the dough is left.
- Let them cool a little and sprinkle some salt on top (it accentuates the chocolate flavor).