Kepping with the saga of salads, here is a Chicken Salad with Feta Sauce, which tastes amazing!
Not only is it super delicious, but it’s great to take with you. Are the vacations over already? Okay, I get it, but the good food continues!
What about that weekend picnic that was left unbooked? Here is the perfect suggestion for the meal.
It’s super light and the feta sauce is a good complement both in flavor and creaminess.
Moreover, it works super well cold, which is a big plus in case you want to take it with you anywhere.
And the best part is that there are really no complications. After all, who has time and patience for things that are too elaborate? ahah
Ahh, and of course, this salad doesn’t work only to take in picnics or in lunch boxes… It’s a must try to take to the beach!
How do you make this Chicken Salad with Feta Sauce?
Season the chicken well, put it in the frying pan, and set aside for a few minutes.
Add the greens and season, just before putting the chicken on top.
Make the feta sauce in a blender and serve.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Micro-leaves of watercress or lettuce
- Snow Peas
- Olive oil
- Feta cheese
- Sunflower seeds
What tricks will ensure that this Chicken Salad with Feta Sauce tastes just right?
- Buy a good quality feta cheese and preferably a creamy one.
- It is important that you season the greens before you mix the chicken in.
- The snow peas give a nice crunch to the salad.
- Coriander makes all the difference in the sauce.
- The milk sounds strange, but it will help the feta cheese become creamier and have a more velvety texture.
- Grind the feta cheese in a blender, since if you just crush it with a fork, it will be hard to get the desired consistency.
Let’s check the step-by-step?
Chicken Salad with Feta Sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups watercress micro-leaves or lettuce
- 1 cup arugula
- Snow peas to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 block feta
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon juice
- Coriander to taste
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
For the salad
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in a skillet over medium heat, greased with olive oil until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Add the watercress, arugula, and snow peas, and season with olive oil and salt. Arrange them on a platter.
- Add the chicken breasts on top.
- In the same pan as the chicken breasts, put the sunflower seeds in and toast them lightly.
- Scatter the toasted seeds on top of the salad.
For the Feta Sauce
- Add the feta cheese, milk, coriander, lemon, and garlic in a blender and blend everything until it is very creamy.