I’m always searching for new ideas and new recipes to cook at home. It is not always easy, I have the feeling I’m always busy and there’s no time for everything. But once in a while, a few cool ideas pop up in my mind. I was planning with my boyfriend what to do on a Saturday afternoon and it came to the conversation that Manchester United was going to play; at that moment I thought: beers and tapas! Well, we ended up drinking Somersby and eating quesadillas.
Honestly, I have a big problem. I feel I don’t have enough ideas all the time, but when they appear, they seem to come in tens at a time. Did it ever happen to you? Well, back to the story again, then we shouted we could maybe eat chips, or guacamole and nachos, or rotisserie chicken, and a million things, yet we ended up deciding on chicken quesadillas with tons of cheese and avocado.
If Manchester won the match? Honestly, I don’t remember; I’m not a huge fan of football. But I guess they did. What I do remember is that the quesadillas were too good and I swore I would not eat dinner because I was so full! (As far as I remember, I had dinner anyways, but that has nothing to do with this).
Chicken Quesadillas (4 portions):
- 8 Corn Tortillas Old El Paso
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 red onion
- 2 avocados
- 1 package of grated cheese
- Mexican Salsa Old El Paso
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Olive oil
- Start by shredding the chicken and preheat the oven to 200º.
- Afterward, chop the red onion into small squares and place it in the pan along with the rotisserie chicken.
- Add a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and turn the stove to medium heat.
- Let it cook until the onion gets soft.
- Add the Mexican salsa, involve it in the mixture, and let it cook for 1/2 min.
- Turn down the heat.
- Chop one avocado into small pieces, add it to the pan, and mix well.
- Add the cheese to the mixture.
- Place 4 tortillas in a tray and scoop reasonable portions of the mixture.
- Cut the other avocado into thin strips and add it on top.
- Put the rest of the tortillas on top, like a tortilla “sandwich”.
- Place it in the oven for around 10 min.
- Take it from the oven and enjoy.
Suggestion: You can make lemonade or buy a few Corona Extra beers to enjoy a football match with friends.