Hello. Today we have a new dish: Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes and Mozzarella wrapped in Bacon Recipe. Sound good?
Chicken breasts are one of the meats I eat most at home. I confess that I don’t love cooking red meat, so I always have white meat on hand. I usually buy a reasonable amount and freeze it, so I’m not always worried about going to the supermarket.
Chicken is super practical and versatile, you can always invent new and different recipes. And besides, since I usually take food to work, it’s super convenient because it doesn’t give off too many smells or get too dry when I heat it in the microwave.
Well, you can actually take this dish in your lunch box! So, write down the recipe now and tell me how your lunch boxes turned out.
Why do I like this recipe so much? Because I think the ingredients go perfectly together! Chicken and bacon go great together and mozzarella and tomato are that classic that you can’t deny. All together, in one dish, it’s a blast!
It is without a doubt a tasty and healthy dish. Full of protein and good stuff. And as I have explained in previous posts, there is no harm in eating bacon once in a while.
Once again I tell you, the key is balance! Don’t forget that. So be happy eating good things and things you like!
Let’s see how to make this wonderful dish?
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH TOMATOES AND MOZZARELLA WRAPPED IN BACON RECIPE (2 servings):
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts
- 1 tomato
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Basil to taste
- 1 cup of basmati rice (or other of your preference)
- Start by preheating the oven to 180º.
- Then cut the chicken breasts in half, but without separating them completely (one end should stick to the other, like a pan and a lid).
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Let them marinate for a few minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, slice the tomatoes. Slice the mozzarella ball into rounds and the basil into small or medium pieces (depending on your taste).
- Place the chicken breasts, open, on a board and stuff: a layer of tomato, a layer of mozzarella, and some basil on top. Close the chicken breasts.
- With the chicken breasts closed, roll 3 slices of bacon, one by one, around each of the chicken breasts.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and arrange the rolled chicken breasts on it. Bake in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until the bacon looks crispy.
- Now that the chicken breasts are in the oven, it is time to start making the rice. I advise you to rinse the rice in hot water before you start cooking to get rid of all the starch and the rice will be looser.
- Pour 1 cup of rice into a pot with 2 cups of water. Add a pinch of salt.
- If you like, you can add a dash of olive oil to the rice. This helps to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Let the water boil over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the water evaporates. The rule is not to stir the rice until the water evaporates completely.
- Turn off the heat and stir the rice a little so that the salt is distributed. Set aside.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the oven.
- You can start to garnish with chicken breast, a little rice, and some basil on top, just to give it some flavor.
Suggestion: If you prefer, serve the chicken breasts with tomatoes and mozzarella, with a salad of greens (with spinach and arugula tastes amazing) and tomatoes. Or serve it with some rice and salad.
You can also make some vegetables in the oven or wok.
Instead of using fresh tomatoes, you can also use dried tomatoes. The flavor is wonderful!
You can even swap the bacon for cured ham, for example. Or the mozzarella cheese for feta cheese.
The important thing is to use the ingredients you like best!