Does a homemade Cheeseburger, delicious and with good ingredients, sound good to you? My mouth is already watering!
I love hamburgers and since I came to live in Denmark, I always feel like ordering delivery. It’s always either sushi or burgers (not even close ahah)!
But I’ve been wanting to make them at home for a long time because they are much cheaper and the ingredients are usually better.
Is it super healthy? No! But it’s also not a hamburger that will make me ruin my healthy eating routine.
It is important to be aware of what we are eating and how the food we eat is made.
Of course a hamburger every day is not the healthiest thing in the world, but that’s exactly why I leave these foods for those days when I really feel like it or when I don’t feel like cooking. ahah
That said, I only have one piece of advice for you: buy good quality ingredients, it’s really worth it! Not least because it adds so much more flavor to your food.
How do you make this Cheeseburger?
Well, it is important that you use good quality meat, it makes a lot of difference in the end result of your burger.
For me, the perfect cheeseburger consists of a good piece of beef, caramelized onions, some greens and tomatoes, cheese, and a hamburger bun.
You can’t miss a touch of dijon mustard and a beer to go with it.
It is as simple as that. But the step-by-step recipe is all described below so that your burgers will be drool-worthy.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Hamburger bun (I bought it, but you can make it at home)
- Minced beef
- Olive oil
- Garlic (optional)
- Soy sauce
- Sliced cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Sesame seeds
What tricks will ensure that this Cheeseburger tastes just right?
- Caramelizing the onion is one of the secrets to a wonderful burger! For me, there is nothing like a caramelized onion, very soft and with a sweet touch.
- Soy sauce is essential to give more flavor to the meat and to give it a browner color.
- A blowtorch is an essential tool since it helps melt the cheese without getting it either too burnt or too melted. It is perfect because we can control the consistency, depending on our taste.
- For the buns, the best trick is to brush it with olive oil and sprinkle it with sesame seeds. Then it goes into the oven and it tastes wonderful.
Let’s check the step-by-step?
- 2 burger buns
- 2 sliced onions
- 1½ cup minced beef
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 1 garlic clove optional
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ sliced tomatoes
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (or more) or other of your preference
- Dijon mustart to spread
- Ketchup to spread
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Start by caramelizing the onions. Place them over medium-high heat in a pan with olive oil and let them cook for about 5 min.
- Add a little salt and add water, little by little and only if necessary, until the onions are softened and have a nice golden color. Set aside.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and make 2 balls. Spread them out a little so they get the shape of hamburgers and place them over high heat with garlic to seal them on both sides. Set aside.
- Brush the hamburger bun with olive oil, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 2 to 3 min or until slightly toasted.
- Brush the burgers with the soy sauce and let them cook for another 2 min on each side (or longer, if you want it more well-cooked).
- Prepare the remaining ingredients and assemble the burger.
To assemble the hamburger
- Spread mustard in the bottom bun.
- Add the spinach and top with the sliced tomatoes.
- On top, place some of the caramelized onion, and in the next layer put the beef burger.
- Add a slice of cheese and using a blowtorch, melt it until it is the desired consistency.
- Spread ketchup on the top bun and cover the burger.
- Serve it with a cold beer and enjoy!