Broccoli and Carrot Pancakes? It may sound a little odd I know, but I’ll tell you everything about it below.
First of all, let me confess something: I love those days in which suddenly I find myself at home, completely lost in my thoughts and thinking about what do to. Actually, I usually have a billion things to do but I just don’t find the willingness to jump straight into my duties. Well, when I find myself in this situation (quite often let’s be honest!), I don’t always attack the fridge in order to motivate myself; instead, I go search for some inspiration and creativity. As you might have realized already, I am very passionate about food and I enjoy spending time in the kitchen trying out new recipes. It relaxes me and I have fun this way.
I do not always have plenty of ingredients in the pantry since these moments are spontaneous – I can’t predict when they’re going to happen. Therefore I have to take advantage of my imagination and use the ingredients I have available in my kitchen. This is why I always try to use the leftovers to create my own recipes and make different things. And this time it was no exception!
I mean, who would even think about making broccoli and carrot pancakes? Sounds a little crazy and weird, doesn’t it? But I have to say my invention turned out to be quite good and I ate those pancakes for breakfast the next day. My mom, who usually likes to eat varied breakfasts as I do, approved my recipe. And we both love eating pancakes in the morning! On the previous day, I made a chia pudding and there was about 1/2 cup left in the fridge. I was wondering what to do with it and it just popped into my mind that I could try making some pancakes with the leftovers.
Let’s check the step by step?
Broccoli and Carrot Pancakes (8/10 small pancakes):
- 1/2 cup of chia pudding
- 1/3 cup of flax seeds (blended)
- 1 small broccoli
- 1 carrot
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Start by blending the flax seeds using a kitchen robot (in case you buy seeds instead of blended)
- Grind the broccoli and the carrot, also using the kitchen robot. I normally use bimby for this kind of thing
- Combine the blended flex seeds, the broccoli, the carrot, and the chia pudding all together and stir well
- Beat the eggs, folding them gently into the previous mixture, and add the salt
- Add the coconut oil
- Mix all the ingredients very well and fold the baking powder into the batter
- In a hot frying pan, pour small scoops of the batter (round shape)
- Let it cook for 2 min and turn it to the other side
- Let it cook for 1 more minute
- It’s ready to serve.
Suggestion: I love putting the pancakes in a toaster in the morning, with a slice of cheese in the middle, almost like a pancake sandwich.
I like sharing my recipes and I always get excited about it, but I also get anxious to know if you’re going to like them or not. Hope this recipe will surprise you!
P.S. It’s a good way of eating more veggies and it’s super healthy!