Today is my birthday and to celebrate, I’m bringing you this Vanilla and Strawberry Cake which is simply delicious.
It’s perfect for celebrations such as birthdays, children’s parties or even a weekend treat.
This cake is yummy, not very sweet and super fluffy.
The best part is that it’s relatively healthy and the frosting is super simple: just with yogurt!
That’s right, a delicious and super creamy topping, with just 1 ingredient. Is there anything better?
It’s the perfect cake for the next birthday at home.
Let’s do it?
How do you make this Vanilla and Strawberry Cake?
Start by mixing the dry ingredients and then the liquids.
Mix all the ingredients very well, without beating the dough too much. Don’t forget that you should really beat the egg whites so that the cake gets fluffier and lighter.
Preheat the oven before placing the cake in the oven. It is essential for the cake to cook evenly and at a constant temperature.
For the frosting, just place the yoghurt to drain on a cloth, over a container, overnight.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Oatmeal flour
- Brown sugar
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla essence
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
What are the tricks to getting this Strawberry and Vanilla Cake right?
- Cornstarch helps make the cake fluffier.
- The beaten egg whites make a difference in the final texture and lightness of the cake, as air is incorporated when the egg whites are beaten.
- Do not beat the dough too much once the egg whites are set. The idea is to just incorporate all the ingredients together.
- Strawberries in the cake dough add more texture and don’t let the cake dry out, in addition to adding more flavor to the cake dough.
- The yogurt topping is essential to make the cake very creamy and delicious.
Let’s check the step by step?
Vanilla and Strawberry Cake
Para o bolo
- 1 cup chopped strawberries more to decorate
- 3 cups oatmeal flour
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1½ cup milk
- 4 lemon drops
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 beaten egg whites
- 1 c. sopa vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 1 csp baking soda
- 2 csp baking powder
Para o recheio
- 2 cups greek yogurt
Para o bolo
- In a bowl, put the oatmeal flour, cornstarch and brown sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs, milk mixed with lemon and coconut oil and mix well.
- Add the whipped egg whites and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix well.
- Add strawberries and mix again.
- Divide the dough into 2 previously greased molds and place in a pre-heated oven at 170º for 45 min.
- Once the cake is ready, let it cool completely before filling.
Para o recheio
- Put the yogurt on a cloth and close it tightly.
- Let it rest overnight in a container so that all the water drains away. I advise you to place the cloth on a colander, placed in a bowl.
- Discard the water and use the yogurt cream to fill the cake.
- Place the strawberries on top and serve.