Since I was a kid I hear people say that a good food dish must have many colors and it needs to have some variety. I have also heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day since it gives us energy after so many hours of sleep and helps us control our hunger during the day. Well, I agree with all that and that is why I always try to prepare varied and nutritious breakfasts.
So here is a breakfast suggestion that I really liked trying.
Beetroot Crepes (around 6/7 crepes):
- 1 small beetroot
- 1/2 glass of wholegrain rice flour*
- 1 glass of milk
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- A little bit of olive oil
- Start by peeling the beetroot and boiling it
- Add the rice flour to the beetroot
- Add the milk and the eggs
- Add a pinch of salt and put the mixture into the blender
- Turn on the blender to the maximum power
- Place a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil on high heat and pour a scoop of the mixture
- Fry the crepes for 1/2 min, flip them and cook for 1 more min
- Repeat the process until there’s no more dough left
- It’s ready to serve.
*For the wholegrain rice flour I blended the rice using a kitchen robot.
Try them out, they are delicious and the color is absolutely fantastic!