These Almond and Chocolate Energy Balls are perfect for an energy boost.
This yummy snack is super easy to make and even the kids will surrender to it.
It’s a very easy recipe and these energy balls are great to have on hand or even to carry in your purse. Plus, they don’t take long to make.
These energy balls are usually made in a kitchen robot or with a powerful blender, but in case you don’t have one, don’t despair! You can still make this recipe.
All you have to do is buy almond kernels and oat flour. And when it comes to dates, if you grind them with a hand blender or mash them with a fork, the recipe still works.
As I always say, you have to use your imagination!
How do you make these Almond and Chocolate Energy Balls?
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Peanut Butter
- Salt (optional)
- 72% Chocolate
What tricks will ensure that these Almond and Chocolate Energy Balls taste just right?
- It is essential to grind well the almonds to achieve a more granular texture, almost flour-like consistency.
- The same for the oats, it is important to get a flour-like consistency.
- Remove the pits from the dates beforehand, and if you can, soak them for 1 to 2 hours.
- Use a more liquid/pasty peanut butter, to make it easier to form the balls.
- The 72% chocolate helps balance the flavors.
Let’s check the step-by-step??
Almond and Chocolate Energy Balls
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup dates (approx. 10)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- A pinch of salt optional
- 1 bar 72% chocolate
- Start by placing the almonds, oats, and dates in the blender or kitchen robot and grind everything well.
- Add the peanut butter and salt and grind it again.
- Transfer it to a bowl and knead it a little.
- With the help of a spoon, place spoonfuls in your hand and squeeze it tight so that the ingredients bind together, making little balls.
- Once you have made all the little balls, put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes so that they become consistent.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (i.e., hot water bath).
- Take the little balls from the fridge and dip them in the melted chocolate.
- Place them in the freezer for about 30 min.
- You can sprinkle it with some salt, chocolate shavings, or even dried fruit.