Hello, hello. Does cheese bread sound good?
That’s right. Marcia and I decided to bring you some great cheese bread recipes. A super easy and more “normal” version and a vegan version, of course.
A great idea for a light and at the same time satiating snack, for those days you crave something savory.
It’s best to eat it fresh, but it’s perfectly good to take in your lunch box and eat cold.
I love to make cheese bread when I have people over, they are super easy to make and everyone loves them. Then when they are fresh out of the oven, no one can resist!
I also make them on those days when I feel like watching a movie but don’t have popcorn at home. The only problem is that this recipe for cheese bread is great and I won’t rest until I finish the whole tray.
Let’s check out these wonderful recipes?
Curious to know how we made these recipes? Check it all out in the video.
CHEESE BREAD RECIPE WITH SMOKED SALMON TASTE (APPROX. 30 UNITS):
- 500 grams of sour starch
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 package of grated cheese
- 1 package of smoked salmon
- Salt to taste (optional – I didn’t use it since the smoked salmon and the grated cheese are already salty by themselves)
- Start by preheating the oven to 200º.
- Place the almond milk and olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to boil.
- As soon as it starts boiling, turn off the stove and wait about 5 minutes.
- Stir the mixture well and add the grated cheese.
- Incorporate the cheese until it starts to melt.
- Pour in the sour starch flour slowly and little by little and stir until the mixture is very thick. Leave a little to add only at the end.
- Slice the smoked salmon into small pieces and pour it into the mixture.
- Break the eggs, one by one, into the previous mixture and stir well.
- Mix well until it has a consistency that is good for forming small balls.
- If necessary, place the mixture in a blender or a kitchen robot and blend, so that the dough does not become lumpy.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture on a baking tray with baking paper so that you can form “little balls”. Even if they are not perfect, they will grow in the oven.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes.
VEGAN CHEESE BREAD (APPROX. 30 UNITS):
- 500 grams of cooked sweet potato
- 2 tbsp of chia
- 8 tbsp of water + 1/3 cup of water
- 1 ½ cup of sweet starch
- ¾ cup of sour starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Start by preheating the oven to 180º.
- Cook the sweet potato in boiling water.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, place the chia seeds in water so that they are hydrated and get the desired consistency.
- When the sweet potato is cooked, mash it until you get a nice creamy puree (if you don’t have a kitchen robot or blender, you can just thoroughly mash the sweet potato. However, the final consistency of the cheese rolls may change).
- Let the mashed sweet potatoes cool before using.
- When the mashed sweet potato is cool or at room temperature, add the remaining ingredients and stir well until a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- Make small balls with the sweet potato dough and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until the balls are golden brown.
Suggestion: You can sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. It looks great and super pretty. Or you can sprinkle some oregano on top.
Use the type of fat you like best, such as coconut oil.
You can also use cow’s milk or a mixture of milk and water.
For the vegan recipe, you can use vegan parmesan cheese. Or, a mixture of vegan cheese and nutritional yeast.
You can also use coconut oil or another of your choice.
A great option is to bake the sweet potatoes instead of boiling them. This process will intensify the potato flavor in the cheese rolls.